Thursday, July 17, 2014

And so it begins

Two Days Away

It is two in the morning, July 17th, and I had the sudden realization that I am actually going to Brazil. Two days from now, I will be most likely tossing and turning in bed, feeling immense nostalgia and looking around my room for the last time for a year. How crazy is that!
I had the pleasure of having some of my close friends out to the farm today for snacks and a bonfire. Being so close to leaving, I am beginning to realize how much they have all helped mold me into someone who would even feel comfortable enough and self assured to the point where I think studying abroad is even a possibility.  They all seem to want the best for me and know better than  anyone else what to say to help me stay positive and focused on the adventures ahead. I am so thankful for them and the many years of joy and laughs they have provided. 
I would like to say I'm prepared for Brazil, but no matter how many sites I read, or people I talk to, there's no way for me to know just what to expect until I get there. All I know is based off of the lovely people I am going to be living with, the amount of support I have back home, and the beautiful sites and cultures of my city (Belo Horizonte), I will be able to find my place among millions. And I do mean millions... Big city. 

Now all that is left to do is pack, eat my last order of American French fries, and wave goodbye. Kisses to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment